Howdy! If the title of this blog post is any indication, I have jumped on the smoothie bowl bandwagon. It’s true: I now enjoy eating a smoothie from a bowl, garnished with tasty toppings. I find it takes me a bit longer to consume, in turn making me more full for a longer period of time. Below is the recipe for my mixed berry smoothie bowl. It was a ‘clean the fridge’ kind of day and, I have to say, I’m quite happy with how it turned out. Give it a try, and feel free to improvise to your heart’s content.
Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- Handful of frozen strawberries
- 3/4 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- Stevia-based sweetener, 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- 1/4 banana, sliced
- A few berries
- Chia seeds, sprinkled