Ultrasonic diffusers are all the rage right now. I received my own for Christmas, and I don’t know how I ever went without. According to Saje, these diffusers use “an ultrasonic, heat-free system to disperse essential oil molecules into the air.” What does this all mean, you ask? I’m breaking down three key benefits to using one in your home – see below!
3 Benefits to Using an Ultrasonic Diffuser:
- Ultrasonic diffusers promote healthy air quality indoors, by reducing dust, allergens, and even pet dander. The result is fresher, pure indoor air.
- There are plenty of aromas to select from, that not only add a nice scent to your surroundings but work to target specific needs – you can find single-note aromas or oil blends that aid with relaxation, sleep, stress relief, pain, and those that help energize you when you’re feeling sluggish. There’s no shortage of aromas to target your specific needs or symptoms.
- Ultrasonic diffusers – when used without aromas/blends and filled with just water – can also function as humidifiers, constantly purifying the air you breathe. Two for the price of one!
A Note on Diffusing with Pets
If you live with a kitty (like me!) or a dog, you’ll want to make sure you take extra precautions when using ultrasonic diffusers in your home as animals have a heightened sense of smell and particular aromas can potentially have toxic effects. Sounds scary, but there are a few measures you can take to ensure their safety and well-being, while maximizing your air quality:
- Of course, you should always consult your vet for advice and to address any concerns/questions, and stop diffusing if you notice your furry friend seems to dislike the smell or experiences any out of the ordinary reactions to diffusing.
- Make sure you use a very diluted concentration – 1-5 drops of essential oils should do the trick.
- Keep animals in another room when you’re using your diffuser, or at least ensure they have access to another room.
- Try cracking a window open to provide some added relief for your pet.
- Look at the ingredient list of your essential oils, and make sure you’re using aromas and blends that are non-toxic. Saje recommends a variety of animal-friendly aromas, which you can check out here.
Ready to take the plunge and purchase your own ultrasonic diffuser? I’ve provided a slideshow of some beautiful ones from Saje, below. It looks like mine (the Limited Edition aromaBreeze Black Marble Diffuser) is currently out of stock, but luckily there are a wealth of other great options to choose from. Shop them all here!
What are your thoughts on diffusers? Do you like to use them in your home? Do you have a pet and use a diffuser? I’d love to hear your thoughts!